Holmbury Hill & Pitch Hill Singletrack Explorer
The Surrey Hills are home to some of the finest forest MTB trails in the South-East of the England. Much of the very best singletrack can be found in The Hurtwood Estate on Holmbury Hill and Pitch Hill.
Come along for a quick guided ride down some of these classic trails; all cleverly joined up by your experienced local mountain bike guide.
The ride will consist of a combination of some the following singletracks:
- Barry Know's Best (aka Silent Treatment or Golden Birdies)
- Yoghurt Pots (aka Parklife or Rollercoaster)
- Secret Squirrel (aka Russian Roulette)
- Deer Trail (aka Salsa Trali or Delirium)
- Reservoir Dogs
- Pulp Fiction
- Twig's Trail (aka Jess's Trail)
- Surfer Rosa
- I Should Coco and Son of Coco
- Telegraph Road (or Row)
- Doug's Trail
- Champagne Supernova (aka Vauxhall Nova or Jon Webb to Supernova)
- Rad Lane
- MBR Trail
- Curly Wurly
- Hound Trail
- The 'T' Trails (T1, T1.5, T2, T3)
Thanks for great day on Sunday. What a blast! Both the training and the Hurtwood ride were brilliant. Been grinning like an idiot all week!
Brendan - London
Is this ride right for me?
Please read the following description. If this sounds like you, then you're perfect for this ride:
- This is a Level 3 ride and therefore you should be already confident and competent in all aspects of our Level 3 course - Singletrack Improver
- You have are a regular mountain biker (at least twice a month) with moderate experience of riding off road and happily ride blue and red graded singletrack trails before at trail centres or similar venues
- You have your own mountain bike
- You can already ride confidently on narrow singletrack trails with small rocks, roots and steps
- You participant in formal exercise at least twice a week and at least one of these sessions is on a bike
- You can ride up moderately steep terrain at a steady pace
- You can ride for at least three hours comfortably
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on the course
If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please consider participating in one of our Singletrack Improver courses first.
Although guided rides are flexible they will usually keep to the following programme:
- 14:00-14:10 Arrival at ride venue, introductions and equipment check
- 14:10-16:00 Guided ride
- 16:00 Ride ends
Get ride notes
Find out more about this ride including venue information, directions and a full equipment list
© 2009-2021 Astounding Adventures Limited • Company Number 7825247 • Privacy Statement • Contact Us