Improve your jumping technique to sail over large tabletops and gaps
Do you freeze up when you approach a large tabletop or gap? Does your body tense, your mind panic and your confidence desert you? And when you do get the better of your fear do you feel you are getting by on pure luck rather than good technique?
If this sounds like you then perhaps our Mastering Jumping course might be able to help. Our highly experienced jumps coaches will take you through the techniques necessary to fly over tabletops and gaps and to land feather light and in control.
After your course you will receive a massive boost in confidence on all types of jumps so that riding them with skill and in good style will become second nature. Terrain that's seemingly out of reach today should move well within your grasp.
Mastering Jumping was insane! In just 4 hours I've become the type of rider I've dreamed of. Luke is amazing, from little bumps to BIG gaps in one morning! The training is fantastic and at no point did I ever feel out of my comfort zone. You guys are amazing, thank you so much.
Jonny - Billingshurst, West Sussex
The skills usually taught and practised on this Mastering Jumping course can include:
- Bike Set-up
- Mind Skills
Relaxing on the bike and staying loose
Riding within yourself to stay in control
Positive thinking and visualisation
Dismissing distractions to maintain concentration and commitment
Developing confidence through fundamentals instead of luck
Elements of a jump: approach, airtime and landing
Jumping (more than a bike length in distance)
Jumping to flat
Jumping to a transition
Is this course right for me?
Please read the following description. If this sounds like you, then you're perfect for this course:
If you have never received any professional mountain bike coaching before, we strongly suggest that you join a Level 3 Singletrack Improver and a Level 4 Singletrack Advanced
course and practise regularly for at least three months to consolidate the learnings before booking this course
- You are already confident and competent in all aspects of our Level 4 course - Singletrack Advanced
- You have significant experience of riding off road, you are a regular mountain biker (at least once a week) and will have regularily ridden black graded singletrack trails before at a trail centre or similar venue and perhaps tried orange graded downhill race tracks at bike parks
- You have your own mountain bike
- You can already ride confidently on very steep, narrow singletrack trails with large rocks, root fans, steps, rollable drop-offs and other technical trail features
- You are already happy to get your wheels off the ground and can ride doubles and gaps up to around a bike length with confidence. If you are in any doubt please attend a Singletrack Advanced course first
- You participant in formal exercise more than twice a week, at least two of these sessions is on a bike and and at least one of these sessions is technical mountain biking
- You can ride up steep terrain at a steady pace
- You can ride for at least three hours very comfortably
- You are aged 18 and over unless accompanied by an adult also participating on the course
If this sounds a little beyond your current skill and fitness level, please choose our Singletrack Advanced course instead or have a look at our choosing the right course FAQ page.
Although the course is flexible it will usually keep to the following programme:
- 08:45-09:00 Arrival at course venue
- 09:00-09:30 Course commences, introductions and equipment check
- 09:30-09.45 Warm-up ride to skills area
- 09:45-13:00 Singletrack skills coaching and practise
- 13:00-13:15 Review and next steps
- 13:15-14:00 Lunch break
- 14:00-17:00 Red/black graded (hard) technical guided ride (optional see below)
Great day on Sunday on your Mastering Jumping course. It was the perfect blend of pushing the boundaries while acknowledging they're there in the first place
Sandy - Woking
At the end of your course you will receive
- Personalised Feedback
to remind you of your performance on your course
- An Action Plan
your coach will tell you what you need to do after your course to consolidate your new skills and progress your mountain biking into the future
- 30 Days Free Support
if you have any questions about what you've learned or need any other advice.
Optional afternoon guided ride
What better time to put into practise all your newly acquired skills than to join us in the afternoon for a superb guided singletrack ride around the local hills and valleys.
Our Singletrack Explorer guided rides are perfect for people who have attended our morning Mastering Jumping course. The ride costs just £40.00 and usually last around 3 hours.
© 2009-2021 Astounding Adventures Limited • Company Number 7825247 • Privacy Statement • Contact Us